The old adage says to "paint the town red." Here in Hobo country, we paint the town yellow and blue. We'll provide a window in the Brookings community. You provide the creative genius – or just do your best. It's the Hobo spirit that counts!
Business Registration for Paint the Town:
Registration for Paint The Town will close on Monday, October 2 by 11:59 p.m. Entry forms can be submitted electronically through the button below.
Student Organization Registration for Paint the Town
Contest Details & Rules
The event takes place all around 6th Street and downtown Brookings. Student groups will be assigned a window to paint by the Hobo Day Committee.
Supplies can be picked up beginning Wednesday, October 4 at 10 a.m. until Friday, October 6 at 5 p.m. in the Hobo Day Office (USU 054) in the lower level of the Student Union.
The following supplies will be provided:
- Blue, Yellow, White paint
- Paint brushes
Student Organization Rules:
- All windows must be painted by Monday, October 9 at 5 p.m. in order to be eligible for judging.
- Windows must be painted within reach. Do not use a ladder to paint higher windows.
- Some supplies will be provided to groups. If you would like to use additional paint at your club's expense it must be washable tempera paint.
- Please use the language "Hobo Day" and "Hobo Week." Please refrain from saying Hobo Days.
- Windows must be cleaned by Friday, November 13 at 5 p.m.
- To have your window judged to compete in the contest, organizations must tag @hoboday (on Facebook or Instagram) and use the hashtag #PainttheTown2023 by 8 p.m. on Monday, October 9.
Paint the Town Winners:
Judging will take place the evening of Tuesday, October 10. There will be multiple categories. Winners will be announced on the SDSU Hobo Day Account @hoboday.
All questions can be directed to Zoey Schentzel via email or phone at 605-688-5524.