"All Rails Lead Home" to Brookings this fall for Hobo Day! The Committee has all sorts of fun events planned this year. Be a part of the beloved homecoming tradition by participating in the events below! Visit each page for more information.
- One Month Club will kick off Thursday, September 14. We hope you buried the razor with us! Make sure you "check in" for the two week check in.
- Here in hobo country, we paint the town yellow and blue. Learn how to participate in this year’s Paint the Town event here.
- Put together your hobo gear at the pre-Hobo Week event - Hobo Gear Prep Night!
- Bum-A-Meal is back! Check out information on how to participate as a host home or student group here.
- Start making plans and drawings now! Bum-Over will be in the Volstorff Ballroom this year on Tuesday night! UPC's Mulligan Stew Cook-Off will also take place at 7 p.m. by the Volstorff Ballroom. Find more information about Bum-Over.
- Rally at the Rails is moving to Wednesday this year! Join Brookings community members for this college take on a classic pep rally. Music, food, games, and Jackrabbits - what more could you ask for?
- BumFire is the one time the committee can say, "we started the fire." This year's bonfire will be on Thursday and feature music from student-led band the Smokin Jacks. It will be LIT!
- Check out UPC's signature Hobo Week event Jacks Got Talent: Cavorts (October 13). More information can be found on Jacks Club Hub!
- Join the Committee, Jackrabbits, and visitors at the annual Hobo Day Parade on Saturday, October 14!
- Rounding out the Hobo Week/Day festivities is Residence Hall Programming Council's Hobo Night Live! Hobo Night Live will kick off at 7:30 p.m. on October 14 in the Oscar Larson Performing Arts Center.
Faculty & Staff Dress Up Day
Join in the spirit of homecoming by dressing up in your best hobo day attire on Wednesday, October 11 of Hobo Week! Office teams can submit a photo of their staff dressed up for the chance to win coffee and baked goods from the Hobo Day Committee. Photo submissions for the contest can be submitted to the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 p.m. on October 11 to be eligible for the prize. The Committee will share and showcase all photo submissions on social media.
Hobo Day Coloring Contest
The Hobo Day Committee is partnering up with the SDSU Alumni Association for a hobo coloring contest. Coloring pages and information on how to submit masterpieces for judging are linked below.
Check out this year's Hobo Day merchandise available at Jackrabbit Central - Student Union and