While this year won't be the same Hobo Day experience - a parade, football game, and all the other events that make Hobo Day uniquely special - the tradition continues. The committee is actively working on altering current plans and working with campus partner groups, students, and alumni to incorporate new events for this year's celebration. These are challenging times, and the COVID-19 pandemic has altered the lives of everyone. The spirit of Hobo Day, however, is one thing that will remain intact.
While this year is anything but ordinary, help us make it extraordinary by checking out this year's hobo happenings!
- Here in hobo country, we paint the town yellow and blue. Learn how to participate in this year’s Paint the Town event here.
- Show your organization's school spirit by designing your own button with the Button Design Contest.
- Help SDSU students through donating goods and funds to Jacks Cupboard with Give-A-Meal.
- Wandering always, help our weary pal Wil make it to all 50 states by Hobo Day with our hobo take on the classic flat Stanley activity. Print your Wil here.
- Bum Over is still on, but we are going to try it outside this year! Find more information at the page here.
- One Month Club started on September 30. We hope you buried the razor with us! Make sure you "check in" for the two week check in.
- Check out UPC's signature Hobo Week events Mr./Ms. Homelycoming (October 28th) and Jacks Got Talent: Cavorts (October 30th). More information can be found on Jacks Club Hub!
- Rounding out the Hobo Week/Day festivities is Residence Hall Programming Council's Hobo Night Live! Hobo Night Live will kick off at 7:00 PM on October 31 in the University Student Union with a comedian at 8:30 PM in the VBR.
Faculty & Staff Dress Up Day
Join in the spirit of homecoming by dressing up in your best hobo day attire on Wednesday, October 28th of Hobo Week! Office teams can submit a photo of their staff dressed up for the chance to win scones and coffee vouchers from the Hobo Day Committee and Aramark Dining Services. Photo submissions for the contest can be submitted to the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00 PM on October 28th to be eligible for the prize. The Committee will share and showcase all photo submissions on social media.
Hobo Day Coloring Contest
The Hobo Day Committee is partnering up with the SDSU Alumni Association for a hobo coloring contest. Coloring pages and information on how to submit masterpieces for judging are linked below.
Check out this year's 2020 Hobo Day merchandise available in the Bookstore and online at the Hobo Day Shoppe!