- Brookings Main Campus
Discover and Develop New Therapies
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences offers courses and research opportunities in pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences leading to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences. The program places a strong emphasis on a comprehensive and high-quality educational and research experience for students. The multidisciplinary program includes core courses in medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, pharmaceutics, and the biomedical sciences. Research focus areas for the department include cancer research, drug delivery, genetics, eye diseases, and neuropharmacology. The didactic courses, along with a research concentration in a specific area of pharmaceutical sciences, provide a strong foundation for academic, industry, and other research careers.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate or professional degree in pharmacy, chemistry, biology or a related field
- Have a passion for laboratory research and scientific experimentation
- Want to learn and work in a multidisciplinary research field
- Are a good problem solver and analytical thinker
- Appreciate working as part of a research team
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Regulatory affairs
- National Research Laboratories