Foods - a way of life.
Safe, high quality, and functional foods are vital components of nutritious diets around the world. The Food Science program offers excellent opportunities for graduate level coursework and research leading to academic or industry careers in Food Science. Graduate students receive advanced preparation related to food processing, product development, and food safety. Food Science is a multi-disciplinary program that is administered by the Department of Dairy and Food Science; but may also include such diverse areas as animal science, food grain processing, and agricultural & biosystems engineering.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Hold an undergraduate or master's degree in food science, microbiology or chemistry
- Are a problem solver and analytical thinker
- Want to lead research in the lab
- Are interested in developing new food innovations
- Are imaginative and creative
- Product developer
- Research scientist
- Food plant operations manager
- Food safety specialist