- Brookings Main Campus
A passion for a healthier world.
The South Dakota Master of Public Health (MPH) online degree program is a collaborative degree offering of South Dakota State University (SDSU) and the University of South Dakota (USD). SDSU and USD draw on their strengths addressing the healthcare needs of rural communities and focus the MPH curricula on rural public health, creating a distinct national and regional identity for the program. The program is designed to train students in the core competencies of public health education and prepare them with the knowledge and skills necessary to assume a variety of positions in South Dakota and beyond. The MPH degree is the most widely recognized professional credential for leadership and practice in public health.
Graduates with an MPH degree have a broad range of career options in the public, private, education, and non-profit sectors. Public health professionals may work in health departments, hospitals, higher education, government agencies, health insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, and many other organizations.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Passionate about promoting health and well-being for all
- Enjoy finding solutions to complex problems
- Interested in preventing and addressing pandemics
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Committed to addressing health equity, racial justice, and health disparities
- Public Health Nurse
- Public Mental Health Specialist
- Health Education/Health Promotion Specialist
- Health Care Administrator
- Research Coordinator
- Public Health Specialist for CDC and Health Departments
- Health Communication Specialist
- Contact Tracing
- Disease Investigator