A passion for a healthier world.
The 100% online Master of Public Health (MPH) program was designed to be flexible with full or part-time options to help you advance your career in this growing field. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic demonstrated the need to enhance the public health workforce and our program will help you gain the skills to respond to future public health issues. Our program is fully accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health and provides students with an MPH generalist degree with an emphasis on rural public health, creating a distinct national and regional identity for the program. The program is designed to train students in the core competencies of public health education and prepare them with the knowledge and skills necessary to assume a variety of positions in South Dakota and beyond. The MPH degree is the most widely recognized professional credential for leadership and practice in public health.
Graduates with an MPH degree have a broad range of career options in the public, private, education, and non-profit sectors. Public health professionals may work in health departments, CDC, hospitals, higher education, government agencies, health insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, and many other organizations.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Passionate about promoting health and well-being for all
- Enjoy finding solutions to complex problems
- Interested in preventing and addressing pandemics
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Committed to addressing health equity, racial justice, and health disparities
- Public Health Nurse
- Public Mental Health Specialist
- Health Education/Health Promotion Specialist
- Health Care Administrator
- Research Coordinator
- Public Health Specialist for CDC and Health Departments
- Health Communication Specialist
- Contact Tracing
- Disease Investigator