The RN to B.S.N. program is a fully online, flexible, and affordable option designed to help the associate and diploma RN move ahead in their nursing career. The RN to B.S.N. program is offered in 7 week semesters and RNs can design their own pace of degree completion. All coursework is available online and students can complete clinical experiences in their local facility. The curriculum is designed with the working RN in mind. For more information please visit the RN to B.S.N. page on the College of Nursing webpage.
Online Degree Completion
Length of Courses
Number of Credit Hours
Cost per Credit Hour*
2022-2023 College of Nursing Scholarships
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an unencumbered RN license and associate or diploma degree
- Like to work with others and help people
- Have strong communication skills
- Are interested in caring for people's health
- Are a good problem solver
- Nurse practitioner (requires additional educational preparation)
- Nurse anesthetist (requires additional educational preparation)
- Nurse educator (requires additional educational preparation)
- Nurse leader (requires additional educational preparation)
- Many continue working at their current institutions across the US
- Avera Health
- Sanford Health
- Monument Health
- VA Health Care Systems
Suggested Accelerated Programs
Undecided or still deciding on a major and future career?
If you are uncertain about your major and have questions about career planning, you are not alone. Choosing a major or career can be a very difficult decision. The Exploratory Studies program may be a good fit if you are unsure of your major and career focus. Entering the university in the Exploratory Studies program will help you gain confidence and valuable insights on majors and minors available at SDSU and future career choices.
In addition, FOCUS 2 Career, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you reflect on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills to provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 Career by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 Career, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.