- Brookings Main Campus
Passing a standard of excellence.
SDSU helps nurses exceed current standards of healthcare excellence through innovative and exemplary graduate education. The Master’s in Nursing offers several options for taking your nursing career to new and meaningful settings where you will make a significant professional impact.
The Nurse Educator Specialization prepares you to utilize theories of teaching and learning in a variety of settings with emphasis on nursing education. You will spend time developing your ability to plan, implement and evaluate nursing education programs. Upon graduation, you will be eligible for the NLN (National League of Nursing) CNE (Certified Nurse Educator) certification exam.
For more information please visit the Master of Science in Nursing page on the College of Nursing webpage.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Value teamwork
- Have strong communication skills
- Are a good problem solver
- Have a passion for teaching others
- Academic Nurse Educator in a 2-year or 4-year setting
- Clinical Nurse Educator in a hospital or clinical agency setting
- Avera Health
- Regional Health
- Sanford Health
- VA Health Care Systems
- Mayo Clinic