Aspire to make a difference.
The DNP program prepares Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) to transform clinical practice as expert clinicians and leaders with a special focus on rural and underserved populations. In addition to delivering evidence-based direct patient care at an advanced practice level to individuals across the lifespan in primary care settings, graduates of the DNP program will learn skills needed to produce and implement valuable evidence to guide practice and are prepared to work collaboratively with rural communities in an effort to reduce health disparities.
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Specialization prepares graduates to provide high-quality mental health care in a variety of rural and urban settings. Graduates are eligible for ANCC Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certification exam.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Hold bachelor's or master's degree in nursing
- Value teamwork
- Have strong communication skills
- Are interested in caring for people's mental health
- Are a good problem solver
- Community mental health centers
- Outpatient clinics
- Acute care inpatient hospitals
- Substance abuse treatment centers
- Correctional and long-term care facilities