- Brookings Main Campus
A passion for a healthier world.
The Public Health Certificate is a collaborative offering from South Dakota State University (SDSU) and the University of South Dakota (USD). The graduate certificate in Public Health will enable students to explore fundamental concepts in public health including coursework covering the introduction to public health, epidemiology, and application of public health concepts in program development. The certificate will be applicable for students in other health professions programs in order to expand their knowledge of public health and understand application of public health concepts in clinical practice. Practicing health care professionals could pursue this certificate as a stand-alone education credential to enhance their knowledge in public and population health. Additionally, courses in the certificate are stackable to the Public Health (MPH) program.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Passionate about promoting health and well-being for all
- Enjoy finding solutions to complex problems
- Interested in preventing and addressing pandemics
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Committed to addressing health equity, racial justice, and health disparities
- Public Health Nurse
- Public Mental Health Specialist
- Health Education/Health Promotion Specialist
- Health Care Administrator
- Research Coordinator
- Public Health Specialist for CDC and Health Departments
- Health Communication Specialist
- Contact Tracing
- Disease Investigator