South Dakota ECE Ongoing Health & Safety Training Level II
Welcome to South Dakota ECE Ongoing Health and Safety Training Level II. The Level II online, on-demand series is designed to meet ongoing training requirements for staff working in state licensed and registered child care programs who have completed the Level I SD Orientation to Child Care training series. The Level II training must be completed within 5 years from your date of employment.
Classes in the Level II Training briefly review content from the 13 topic areas covered in the Level I SD Orientation classes as well as take a deeper look into each area. Completion of these classes will count towards your annual licensing training hours. Please follow the directions below to create an account and enroll in the self-paced training.
1. Navigate to traininghouse.sdstate.edu.
2. In the upper right corner, click Log in or:
a) Click Non-SDSU users login here if you do not have an SDSU email account.
1. If you have an existing account in Training House please skip to step 4 and log in.
b) Select Create new account.
c) Fill out the required fields and select Create my new account.
d) If you have an SDSU email account, click SDSU User Login.
e) Fill in your firstname.lastname username and password and click Login.
3. An email will be sent to the email address you listed. Check your email to find instructions to confirm your new account registration. Check your email Spam, Junk or Other folders.
4. After confirming your account, fill in your username and password and Login.
5. Use the search bar to find the course by typing ‘South Dakota ECE Ongoing Health & Safety Training Level II'. Select the course under the search results.
6. Enter the Self enrollment key "health" and click Enroll me.
7. Complete registration survey before course content will release.