Children grow and develop quickly and finding the resources to support their healthy growth can start here. Whether it is understanding how to support your child's development or finding quality care, information is an important first step. Here you can LEARN about child development and child care, SEARCH for and CHOOSE a program or provider, and find information on ways to STAY INVOLVED in your child's development.
LEARN about Child Care
Types of South Dakota Child Care
- State Registered Family Child Care Homes
- State Licensed Group Family Child Care Homes
- State Licensed Day Care Centers
- State Licensed Out of School Time Programs
- Preschool Programs and Head Start
SEARCH for Child Care
- Access a list of South Dakota registered and licensed child care providers in your community that may meet your family's needs.
- Select 'Login as a Guest' for quick and easy searching access.
CHOOSE Child Care
- Choosing Child Care in South Dakota
- Have more questions? Contact an Early Childhood Specialist at 605-688-5730 or 1-800-354-8238 for assistance.
- Learn more about Understanding Me Up to Age Three
Common Sense Parenting is a series of 6 classes designed for parents and individuals that engage with school-aged children, kindergarten through 12th grade. Parents who have accurate information about development, temperament, and social and emotional growth are more likely to experience increased satisfaction and enjoyment in parenting their school-age children. Contact the Child and Family Resource Network today for information on our next parenting series at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-688-6281 ext. 1.
- Families are a key element in all early childhood programs. Learn more about family involvement!
- CDC Milestones Matter for Families!
- South Dakota Birth to Three
- Every child should have access to high quality early education: No Small Matter