- Brookings Main Campus
Turn ideas into action.
Explore the essential skills needed to take innovative and entrepreneurial ideas to the marketplace. Participate in creative thought processes, learn how to identify and pursue new business opportunities, apply entrepreneurial thinking to your own abilities and interests.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy experiential learning
- Interest in pursuing your own ideas
- Are self-motivated
- Are inquisitive and like to solve problems
- Like to tinker and build things
- Business ownership
- New venture creation
- New product development
- Small business management
- Venture planning and development
- Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering (B.S.)
- Agricultural Business (B.S.)
- Agricultural Education, Communication & Leadership (B.S.) - Leadership Specialization
- Agricultural Science (B.S.)
- Business Economics (B.A./B.S.)
- Data Science (B.S.)
- Economics (B.S.) - Agricultural Economics Specialization
- Hospitality, Tourism, & Event Management (B.S.)
Undecided or still deciding on a major and future career?
If you are uncertain about your major and have questions about career planning, you are not alone. Choosing a major or career can be a very difficult decision. The Exploratory Studies program may be a good fit if you are unsure of your major and career focus. Entering the university in the Exploratory Studies program will help you gain confidence and valuable insights on majors and minors available at SDSU and future career choices.
In addition, FOCUS 2 Career, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you reflect on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills to provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 Career by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 Career, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.