Dual credit is an opportunity for high school students to enroll in college courses and start fulfilling requirements for a degree from South Dakota State University while completing their high school diploma. Students are able to choose from a number of on-campus and online general education classes.
- Accelerate your SDSU education
- Lower tuition cost
- Simplify the transition from high school
Students bringing in substantial credits may complete their degree in a condensed timeframe or find their schedules will allow them to explore a variety of opportunities to enhance their college experience and academic career.
Dual credit students can more easily:
- Add a second major
- Include diverse minors
- Participate in a study abroad program
- Accomplish undergraduate research
- Pursue an internship
- Serve in a leadership role in student clubs/ organizations
- Complete an Experiential Learning Certificate
These options can immerse students in a more engaging, well-rounded educational experience that can provide valuable advantages in future career success.
**A large number of incoming credits does not in itself guarantee a shorter path to a degree!