Dual credit is an opportunity for high school students to enroll in college courses and start fulfilling requirements for a degree from South Dakota State University while completing their high school diploma. Students are able to choose from a number of on-campus and online general education classes.
Looking for a SD State High School Dual Credit Course? It’s easy by following these steps:
- Go to Self-Service
- Select Browse Classes
- Select the appropriate term and click Continue
- Click Advanced Search
- Enter SDSU South Dakota State Univ from University
- Select your preferred location: Online/Internet, SDSU Brookings Main Campus, Pierre Capital Univ Center, Sioux Falls Univ Center
- Select High School Dual Credit Course from Gen Ed & Honors Courses
- Click Search
You can also search for a specific subject and course number or courses meeting a specific general education requirement. Just remember the more criteria you add, the finer your search results will be.
Having trouble navigating or finding a course you need, let us help! You can email Tracia Hogue or give us a call, 605-688-4154.
- Accelerate your SDSU education
- Lower tuition cost
- Simplify the transition from high school
Students bringing in substantial credits may complete their degree in a condensed timeframe or find their schedules will allow them to explore a variety of opportunities to enhance their college experience and academic career.
Dual credit students can more easily:
- Add a second major
- Include diverse minors
- Participate in a study abroad program
- Accomplish undergraduate research
- Pursue an internship
- Serve in a leadership role in student clubs/ organizations
- Complete an Experiential Learning Certificate
These options can immerse students in a more engaging, well-rounded educational experience that can provide valuable advantages in future career success.
**A large number of incoming credits does not in itself guarantee a shorter path to a degree!