Focused curriculum in agriculture.
Agricultural Science offers students a practical introductory education in agriculture. The foundational understanding of agriculture allows graduates of our Associate degree program to qualify for career opportunities in production agriculture or entry level business and sales positions. Students within this program are able to transition into a bachelor degree program without transferring institutions.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy working in production agriculture.
- Want flexibility in your education with a shorter timeline to degree completion.
- Are interested in a 2-year degree while gaining the University experience, with the option of easily transitioning into a bachelor degree program.
- Want to work outdoors; enjoy hands-on active learning.
- Have an interest in learning agricultural practices to improve production agriculture.
- Production Agriculture (Farmer/Rancher)
- Local cooperative employee
- Animal technician
- Family Farm
- Christensen Farms
- Seed companies
- Harvest Land Cooperative
- Centrol Crop Consulting
- Great Plains Zoo
- Archer Co-op Grain, Co.
- Farmers coop association
- Swine Science
Clubs and Organizations
- Collegiate 4-H or FFA
- Agronomy and Conservation Club
- Judging Teams
- Block and Bridle
- Little International
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.