- Brookings Main Campus
- Rapid City
Focused curriculum in agriculture.
Agricultural Science offers students a practical introductory education in agriculture. The foundational understanding of agriculture allows graduates of our Associate degree program to qualify for career opportunities in production agriculture or entry level business and sales positions. Students within this program are able to transition into a bachelor degree program without transferring institutions.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy working in production agriculture
- Want flexibility in your education with a shorter timeline to degree completion
- Are interested in a 2-year degree while gaining the University experience, with the option of easily transitioning into a bachelor degree program
- Want to work outdoors; enjoy hands-on active learning
- Have an interest in learning agricultural practices to improve production agriculture
- Production Agriculture (Farmer/Rancher)
- Local cooperative employee
- Animal technician
- Family Farm
- Christensen Farms
- Seed companies
- Harvest Land Cooperative
- Centrol Crop Consulting
- Great Plains Zoo
- Archer Co-op Grain, Co.
- Farmers coop association
Clubs and Organizations
- Collegiate 4-H or FFA Alumni/Ag Education Club
- Agronomy and Precision Agriculture Club
- Judging Teams
- Block and Bridle
- Little International
Undecided or still deciding on a major and future career?
If you are uncertain about your major and have questions about career planning, you are not alone. Choosing a major or career can be a very difficult decision. The Exploratory Studies program may be a good fit if you are unsure of your major and career focus. Entering the university in the Exploratory Studies program will help you gain confidence and valuable insights on majors and minors available at SDSU and future career choices.
In addition, FOCUS 2 Career, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you reflect on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills to provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 Career by using their student email and password. After completing FOCUS 2 Career, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a Career Coach in the Office of Career Development.