- Brookings Main Campus
Discover and Develop New Therapies
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences offers advanced courses and research opportunities in pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences leading to the M.S. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences. The didactic courses, along with the research concentration in a specific area of pharmaceutical sciences, provide a strong foundation for academic, industry and other research careers. This program also provides a strong foundation for students interested in furthering their education in a doctoral graduate program in pharmaceutical sciences or related fields. The program places a strong emphasis on comprehensive and high-quality graduate education and research experiences for the students. The program offers flexible options (thesis, non-thesis and coursework only options) tailored to the student’s interest.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate or professional degree in pharmacy, chemistry, biology, or a related field
- Are curious about drug discovery and development
- Enjoy research and scientific experimentation in a multidisciplinary field
- Are a good problem solver and analytical thinker
- Are already working in the pharmaceutical industry or a different industry and would like to pursue an advanced degree for career growth
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Regulatory affairs
- Research Laboratories