- Brookings Main Campus
Visualize the world through Geographic Information Science.
The graduate certificate in Geographic Information Sciences is a 12-credit certificate that will help prepare you to utilize your knowledge of geographic applications and various geospatial technologies to meet the challenges of today’s society. The program offers you the ability to develop your knowledge and technical skills in satellite & drone imagery and real-time mapping. The certificate will benefit those who want to solve environmental problems and create a sustainable world. Complete the graduate certificate as a stand-alone credential or stacked into the Professional Science (M.S.). Even better, it is available online, making it a great option for working professionals wishing to enhance their skills in a critical area.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate degree in social science and natural science disciplines, or a related field
- Like working with technology
- Are a problem solver and analytical thinker
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Have a genuine curiosity about the world, cultures, and places
- Geospatial analyst
- GIS data manager
- Programming lead
- Urban planner
- Remote sensing analyst
- Remote sensing technician
- Natural resource manager
- Environmental analyst