Steps for Embedding a Video
- The video and transcription (for accessibility) MUST BE uploaded to either YouTube of Vimeo. You cannot embed a video from Box, MyMedia, etc.
- Copy the share URL from your video (YouTube or Vimeo).
- Log into Drupal and navigate to the page where you want to embed the video.
- In the body field, place the cursor and click where you want to embed the video.
- In the tool bar at the top of the body field, click the video embed button, it looks like a little film reel with a play button triangle.
- Paste the YouTube/Vimeo share link / URL into the pop up. We recommend that you do not change any of the options in the dialog box:
- Autoplay leave uncheck (Not recommended as it is very obnoxious and hard to stop playing.)
- Responsive video keep checked (Makes the video full width on all screen sizes.)
- Click "Save" in the Embed video dialog box.
- Your video will now show and thumbnail and be outlined in the editor.
- Saving the page: From dropdown next to "Change to:" choose one of the following statuses:
- Ready to Review: If it is ready to be published.
- In progress: If you want to hold on publishing or are still editing.
To comply with WCAG accessibility laws and SDSU web content governance, all video must have captions and audio descriptions. Captions are needed to provide the audio content to people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Note: Automatic captions are not accurate, therefore not compliant.