Office BuildingHilton M. Briggs Library
Mailing AddressBriggs Library 126
Ctr for Enhancement of Teaching & Learning-Box 2115A
Brookings, SD 57007
BiographyDr. Sackreiter is passionate about learning and creating a positive and supportive environment that allows faculty to feel encouraged to explore and meet the needs of their students. He believes in creating a office that supports the mission of the institution by providing an encouraging and safe place for faculty to develop and grow their teaching interests. His day-to-day responsibilities include: administration of the CETL, development and implementation of faculty professional development events, faculty and GTA observation, consultation, and overall program vision and development. Dr. Sackreiter greatly enjoys his role at SDSU and enjoys the opportunity he has to support the work of SDSU’s outstanding faculty and students.
EducationDoctorate of Education, Adult and Higher Education (University of South Dakota)
- Dissertation: Service-learning: Use and assessment in communication.
Masters of Science in Communication Studies and Journalism (South Dakota State University)
- Thesis: Success and communication: An analysis of high school athletic coaching staffs.
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies (South Dakota State University)
Awards and Honors- Outstanding Poster – 2017 Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching and Learning, Anaheim, CA, 2017
- South Dakota State University Leadership Academy, 2014
- Northern State University Student Organization Advisor of the Year, 2008
- Northern State University Faculty Performance Award for Student Services, 2007
- Young Speech Teacher of the Year, South Dakota Speech Communication Association, 2004.
- Award for Outstanding Achievement in Teaching, Northern State University College of Arts and Science, 2002 - 2003.
Professional MembershipsProfessional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education
Work Experience2010 – Present : Director, Teaching Learning Center South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD
2002 – 2010 : Assistant Professor of Speech Communication (2007 - 2010)
Instructor of Speech Communication (2002 – 2007)
Department of Speech Communication, Northern State University, Aberdeen, SD
Image for Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning
Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning