Completed in 1956, Foundation Seed is the source for pure genetics of varieties developed by the Agricultural Experiment Station crop breeding teams. The primary purpose of Foundation Seed is to increase new varieties as quickly as possible, working closely with the plant breeders at SDSU and neighboring foundation seed organizations.
The facility, part of the Stanley J. Marshall Center, seats 6,500 fans for basketball. SDSU plays its home basketball and volleyball games and wrestling matches in Frost Arena, named after former SDSU men's basketball coach and athletic director Reuben B. "Jack" Frost.
Renamed Grove Hall in 1995 the building was originally constructed as a food service facility and was named Grove Commons.
Built in 1967, Hansen Hall is a four-story co-ed residence hall on the west side of campus that houses 440 residents. Hansen Hall has a fitness facility, a sauna and also a full-service computer lab.
Harding Hall is named for Albert S. Harding, former professor and head of the history department. It was built in 1954 at a cost of $457,000 to be used as a men's residence hall originally.
The library holds nearly a million bound volumes, periodicals and microfilms and provides computer access to 500 other research libraries throughout the country. The library was built in 1977 for 3.85 million.
The Equine Teaching Facility is located west of Medary Avenue and across from the Animal Science Arena. The unit consists of three primary structures — a riding arena and two livestock barns, as well as pastures.
The Horticulture & Forestry greenhouses and head house include faculty and staff offices, a classroom, walk-in freezer and cooler, storage, and greenhouse space spread out over 14 individual bays.
The Horticulture-Forestry greenhouses and head house include faculty and staff offices, a classroom, walk-in freezer and cooler, storage, and greenhouse space spread out over 14 individual bays.