Study of the biology and ecology of wildlife species to be able to successfully conserve and manage them for their long term persistence.
The M.S. degree program in Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences is intended to educate students for management-level positions with state and federal agencies, private companies, and for the pursuit of higher academic degrees. By using specifically identified coursework and mentoring, we strive to assist students in developing their intellectual capabilities in working with natural resources and people. In addition, each student must propose and conduct an original scientific investigation. Placement rates for M.S. graduates into positions as fisheries biologists, wildlife biologists, and other natural resource positions with state and federal agencies is extremely high.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in biology or related field
- Have a deep appreciation for fish and wildlife populations
- Like to be a steward of natural resources
- Interested in studying science
- Enjoy spending time outdoors
- State and Federal Wildlife Biologist
- Hatchery Manager
- Natural Resource Consultant
- Park Naturalist
- Research Scientist
- Future PhD student