Impact the lives of college students.
This program prepares students to work in higher education settings in the various aspects of student life that take place largely outside of the classroom. These include, but are not limited to, student affairs administration, general college student counseling, career counseling, academic advising, institutional admissions, student activities, multicultural affairs and residence hall settings. Currently, there are no certification or licensure requirements for student personnel professionals.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have a desire to help people
- Work well with diverse groups of people
- Are an analytical thinker
- Are inquisitive
- Have strong listening, speaking and problem-solving skills
- Academic advisor
- College counselor
- Residence hall professional
- Multicultural affairs professional
- Academic support staff for TRiO and Upward Bound programs
- Vice President or Dean for Academic Affairs