Prepare to make an impact.
The Rehabilitation Counseling Specialization is dedicated to enhancing the effectiveness of counselors and programs of service to people with disabilities. Educational experiences will aim to prepare qualified rehabilitation counselors, increase knowledge in the field of rehabilitation and to apply knowledge to the growing effectiveness of rehabilitation professionals and service delivery systems. In alliance with students, agencies, consumers and professional organizations, the specialty area will promote the independence, acceptance and dignity of all people with significant disabilities.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Are a compassionate and empathetic
- Have a desire to help people with disabilities
- Have strong listening, speaking and problem-solving skills
- Work well with diverse groups of people
- Are an analytical thinker
- Rehabilitation counselor
- Vocational evaluator
- Case manager
- Rehabilitation consultant/specialist
- Disability coordinator
- Forensic/expert witness