- Brookings Main Campus
Biotech harnesses the power of living systems in plants, animals, and microbes to develop new processes and products to improve lives.
Biotechnology is one of the most in-demand career fields. The graduate certificate in Biotechnology is a 12-credit certificate that provides a solid foundation in the application of biological, biochemical and genetical processes in the development of agricultural, environmental, clinical, and industrial high-value products, including the commercial exploitation of microorganisms, plants, and animals for biotechnological applications. Gain a competitive advantage and the necessary background to be successful in a career in the biotech industry. Complete the graduate certificate as a stand-alone credential or stacked into the Professional Science (M.S.). It is a great option for working professionals wishing to enhance their skills in a critical area.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate degree in biology, microbiology, biotechnology, or a related field
- Enjoy laboratory work and creative thinking
- Appreciate science and its application
- Want to develop solutions for scientific and real-life challenges
- Want to be employed in biotechnology industry
- Biotechnology fields including Agricultural, Pharmaceutical and Bioprocessing industries
- Quality control and regulatory affairs in biotechnology industry
- Federal and state biotechnology and industry sectors