Understanding the complex world of life.
The Department of Biology and Microbiology provides students with a wide range of opportunities for advanced study. The graduate faculty offer expertise and graduate student advisement in subdisciplines from molecular biology through ecology. Faculty members are very successful in obtaining extramural funds to support graduate student projects. Graduate students have modern research laboratories, equipment and field research sites available to carry out their research projects. The learning environment, scholarly excellence and quality of teaching are areas of strength in the department’s Graduate Program.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate degree in biology, microbiology, biotechnology, or related field
- Are curious about life
- Ask scientific questions and seek logical explanations
- Enjoy problem solving and critical thinking
- Appreciate science and the scientific method
- Biologist in state and federal organizations
- Research scientist at research institutions and universities
- Instructor in colleges and universities
- Research and technology officer in industrial sector
- Doctoral graduate programs in biology and related fields