- Brookings Main Campus
The study of human life: evolution, structure, function, information flow, pathways and biological systems.
The M.S. in Human Biology provides graduate-level preparation for students for successful admission to professional schools, including those not admitted directly to professional school from an undergraduate program. The program is designed to provide graduate-level preparation for students who desire admission to professional schools in human healthcare. This includes but is not limited to programs such as: Allopathic Medical Doctor (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.), Doctor of Optometry (O.D.), Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.), Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S), and Master of Science – Physician Assistant Studies (M.S. – PAS). The M.S. program allows for additional opportunities to demonstrate their academic excellence and polish their professional skills. This program directly strengthens the academic capacity of the student with special attention to advanced content knowledge and case-based application, professional development and professional skills needed by the healthcare provider.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy lifelong learning
- Curiosity about life
- Critical thinking and enjoy solving problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enjoy science and the scientific method
- Medical School (M.D. & D.O.)/Physician Assistant School (M.S. - P.A.C)
- Dental School (D.D.S & D.M.D.)
- Chiropractic School (D.C.)
- Optometry School (O.D.)
- Physical Therapy School (D.P.T)/Occupational Therapy School (M.S. - O.T.)