Welcome to China Night 2023
On Sunday, September 24, join us to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival. Don't miss the opportunity for a taste of Chinese culture, including holiday traditions, food and performances (traditional lion dance and more).
Invite your friends and family!
Get your tickets now (https://tinyurl.com/china23-ticket)!
China Night 2023 Tickets
Instructions for Selecting Tickets: First, use the dropdown menu to select price level (three options: Platinum Sponsor $50, Gold Sponsor $50, or General Admission $10 - $17). For example, if you select “General Admission”, three individual ticket types will be shown (Adults $17, SDSU Student $10 and Youth $10). Next, use the + plus button to specify the number of tickets. Finally, click add to cart to proceed to checkout. In addition to General Admission, we offer two sponsor-level tickets. Amenities for sponsors include priority seating and special souvenir. As a sponsor, your generosity comes a long way toward a financially sustainable China Night.
We appreciate your patronage.
Scroll down for an updated schedule and dinner menu.
5–6 p.m. Arrival
6–7 p.m. Welcome and Dinner
- Native American Land Acknowledgement
- Welcome Speeches
7–8:30 p.m. Performances
- Chinese Traditional Lion Dance by Sioux Falls Lion Dance Team
- Violin (Descendants of Dragon, The Moon Represents My Heart) by Adrian, Charlie, Kevin and Shiloh
- K-pop dance (Hwaa of (G)I-DLE, Tiger of Mr. Tyger) by Ayisha, Vanessa
- My China Story by Daniel Justice
- Piano Duet (Fengyang Flower Drum, Dance of Children) by Alex, Louis
- Chopsticks Challenge by volunteers from audience
- Chinese Culture Q&A by Cheng Zhang
- Guitar & Singing Solo (Prelude to Water Melody) by Feiyang (Ian) Xu
- Alto Saxophone and Piano (Dance by Zou Xiangping) by Yiqun Chen and Xuan Kuang
- Skit (City People and Country People) by Qian Ye, Meherunnesa Mitu
- Chorus (Unforgettable Tonight) by Cheng Zhang and all co-hosts/performers
8:30 p.m. Conclusion
Fried noodles (two options; please specify)
- Vegetarian (Noodles, carrots, corn, sweet peas, cabbage)*
- Non-vegetarian (plus chicken and eggs)*
Rice (two options; please specify)
- Vegetarian (White rice) (Jasmine rice)*
- Non-vegetarian (Fried rice) (Jasmine rice, shrimp, eggs, carrots, corn, sweet peas)*
Stir-fried Beef – Hunan cuisine
- Non-vegetarian (Beef, pepperoncini, celery, cornstarch, garlic; cilantro on the side)*
Mapo Tofu – Szechuan cuisine
- Vegetarian (Tofu, celery, Szechuan ground pepper, chili powder)*
Three Delights of the Earth – Northeastern Chinese cuisine
- Vegetarian (Eggplant, Anaheim green pepper, potato, cornstarch)
* Contains vegetable oil and soy sauce
Special Dessert for Mid-Autumn Festival
- Mooncakes (SU-style, six options) (Choose one)
- Contains wheat, eggs, peanuts, soy and nuts
- Hot water
- Ice water
- Ice tea