After completing the educator registration, look for an email from Sarah Jacobs with more information about your sign in credentials for our contest registration site, https://register.nhd.org/. This email should arrive in the winter of 2020-2021. From there, you will be able to sign in and view your students projects. Contact Sarah Jacobs, NHD in South Dakota State Coordinator, at 605-688-4582 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Institutional Membership Form:
This form must be completed and submitted in order to participate in the competition. Annual state membership dues are required for each school/home school association/family that plans to participate. This membership form will open on August 31, 2020.
Membership Due Details:
Annual state membership dues are required for each school, home school association, and family that plans to participate. Upon completion of the institutional membership form and payment of dues, NHD in SD will send the contact teacher a copy of this year’s theme and a rule book. Region coordinators will be notified of institutional memberships and will contact you with information regarding region contests.
CONTEST DATE DETAILS:
Institutional Membership Form Due Deadlines:
Forms Sent Before October 31, 2020
- $35.00 Institution Membership
- $17.50 Individual Family Membership
Late Fee (Forms sent in After October 31, 2020)
- $45.00 Institution Membership
- $22.50 Individual Family Membership
- Institutional Membership dues must be paid and submitted before students can compete at Region and State Contests. This registration serves as your institution’s records of membership for NHD in SD and DOES NOT register your school for Region and State Contests.
- Project entries are limited to one project per student. This means students cannot enter multiple projects/work with multiple groups. ONE project per student entry.
- Entries that qualify at region contests will be eligible for the state competition. Region Coordinators will notify the state of the qualifying entries. If your school/home school association/family a represented at the state contest, you will be required to provide a volunteer judge for the state contest.
Educator Registration Form:
This form indicates the number of educators at your institution that will interact with NHD in SD in any capacity. This includes educators who wish to only use NHD materials in their classroom and those who plan to enter their students in region and state contests. This form ensures that each educator receives proper information about NHD curriculum, this year’s theme, and contest details. It also gives NHD in SD an accurate account of adult program involvement.
All educators at your institution (teachers, student teachers, volunteers, parents, etc.) that plan to participate in NHD in SD MUST FILL OUT a FREE Educator Registration Form. This membership form will open on August 31, 2020.
- Educator registration is FREE and DOES NOT register a teacher for competition, but merely puts them on our email list and gives them access to NHD classroom resources.
- Once you fill out this form, an account will be created for you in our registration system. This account login information will be emailed to you within a week of submitting this form. Your username and password will be universal across the regional, state, and national contest registration systems. Use the links below to find your contest(s) registration pages.
National History Day is a project based learning classroom curriculum that fits within state and national education standards. NHD is supported by National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS), and funding for the program is usually supported for Title 1 schools. All teachers are welcome to request theme and rule books, as well as any further information on how NHD can be utilized in their classroom by filling out the registration form.