Be a part of patient care.
If you’ve ever found yourself trying to catch your breath, you’ve experienced what individuals with asthma, emphysema, and other heart or lung-related issues go through daily. With a degree in respiratory care, you can help these individuals breathe easy.
Elevate your career and set yourself up for upward mobility with our B.S. completion program, designed for working professionals. Our B.S. degree is a continuation of the A.S. degree in Respiratory Care. The B.S. degree will further develop your Respiratory Therapy skills and knowledge base in: medical ethics, pharmacology, advanced sciences, Respiratory Care management, and current issues in Respiratory Care.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy helping people in their time of need
- Enjoy problem solving
- Want the ability to work in a variety of places with patients of all ages
- Want to work in a profession with lots of variety
- Like technology and science
- Respiratory Care Clinical Specialist
- Respiratory Care Supervisor
- Flight Respiratory Therapist
- Clinical Educator
- Sanford Health
- Avera Health
- Monument Health
Clubs and Organizations
- South Dakota Society for Respiratory Care (SDSRC)
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.