Unwind with artists chatting with Jodi Lundgren about their works in the South Dakota Governor's 9th Biennial Art Exhibition. Learn what inspires them, what they're working on now and maybe a surprise or two.
9th Biennial Artists Cocktail Hour Chats are hosted by the South Dakota Art Museum each Tuesday, 5:30 Central / 4:30 Mountain from April 13 through June 8. You're invited to listen in on conversations with 3-4 artists from the South Dakota Governor's 9th Biennial Art Exhibition and join in with your own questions - via Zoom. Feel free to enjoy your beverage and appetizers of choice as we get to know artists from across South Dakota.
Registration to participate via Zoom will be posted here as the programs are finalized. You'll need to register for EACH session. Watch this space and the museum's Facebook, Instagram or Twitter pages for updates.
WATCH THE REPLAY:
- April 13: Agricultural Landscapes | Karen Kinder, Paul Peterson and Jessie Rasche - WATCH (April 13).
- April 20: Sunsets and Moonlight | Susan Drey, Carol Geu, Deborah Mitchell and Phyllis Packard - WATCH (April 20).
- April 27: COVID Reflections | Christopher Meyer, J. Desy Schoenewies and Vickie Schumacher - WATCH (April 27).
- May 4: Surreal Landscapes | Alexis Doerr, Safet Musinovic and Dustin Twiss - WATCH (May 4).
- May 11: Conceptual Landscapes | Michael Baum, Quintin Owens and Altman Studeny - WATCH (May 11).
- May 18: Contemporary Women | Diana Behl, Amanda Boerger and Liz Heeren - WATCH (May 18).
- May 25: Process and Form | Jodi Jensen Vittitoe, Haley Larson, Erik Ritter and Joe Schaeffer - WATCH (May 25).
- June 3: Photographic Landscapes | John Banasiak, Skott Chandler and Michael Ramey - WATCH (June 3)
- June 8: Natural Connections | Angela Behrends, Ginny Freitag, Becky Grismer and Susan Heggestad - WATCH (June 8)
The South Dakota Governor’s 9th Biennial Art Exhibition shares some of South Dakota’s best artworks and greatest artists at four exhibiting institutions across the state through the course of the one-year traveling show. The 9th Biennial is an entirely juried exhibition featuring 66 artworks from 66 artists selected from 289 works submitted by 102 artists across South Dakota.
The 9th Biennial will be on view at the South Dakota Art Museum through June 13th. Learn more and view the Exhibition Catalog.