Spring 2021 CETL GTA Programming
Types of Programming
Teacher Trainings are basic workshops focused on teaching foundational teaching strategies with opportunities for you to reflect, determine personal applications, and build community with fellow graduate teaching assistants and graduate students interested in future faculty positions.
Micro-Teaching Opportunities are offered at the beginning of each semester for the purpose of providing you the opportunity to practice teaching a mini-lesson, approximately 8 minutes, and receive constructive feedback that will benefit you and your students the rest of the semester.
Observations of teaching are a supportive, positive, and constructive process focused on helping you to identify your teaching strengths and determine ways to enhance your teaching skills based on teaching pedagogy. Request an observation by emailing Shelly.Bayer@sdstate.edu.
Lunch & Learns are focused on providing information and direction for those who are interested in pursuing careers in higher education. Former graduate students and faculty members will share insight through an informal Q&A format over the noon hour. Based on some guests being in different time zones, this programming may not always occur during the CST noon hour.
Certificate Support Sessions are intended for those who are pursuing any of the Certificates of College Teaching Development offered by CETL. Each session will provide some tips on how to complete aspects of the certificates successfully, as well as time to ask questions and interact with and learn from other certificate pursuers.
Spring Schedule 2021
Due to on-going COVID-19 issues, all offerings will be provided virtually using Zoom.
All indicated times are CST. All sessions are 55 minutes in length, unless indicated differently.
Please register using the links provided. Everyone is welcome!
- 1.11.21(M) Micro-Teaching Opportunity 4-4:55 p.m.
- 1.12.21(T) Micro-Teaching Opportunity 10-10:55 a.m.
- 1.13.21(W) Micro-Teaching Opportunity 3-3:55 p.m.
- 1.14.21(Th) Micro-Teaching Opportunity 1-1:55 p.m.
To register for a Micro-Teaching session, sign-up using the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094CAFA82EA0FC1-microteaching3
- 1.25.21(M) Teacher Training
- 3 p.m. Enhancing Your Questioning Skills
- Register: https://teachertraining-questioningskills.questionpro.com
- 1.27.21(W) Lunch & Learn
- 2.8.21 (M) Certificate Support Session
- 2.19.21(F) Teacher Training
- 2 p.m. Inclusive Teaching Practices
- Register: https://teachertraining-inclusivepractices.questionpro.com
- 2.24.21(W) Lunch & Learn
- 3.4.21 (Th) Certificate Support Session
- 10 a.m. Teaching Philosophy Statements and the Hiring Process
- Register: https://certificatesupportteachingstatement.questionpro.com
- 3.23.21(T) Teacher Training
- 3.24.21 (W) Lunch and Learn
- 4.5.21(M) Teacher Training
- 1 p.m. Concept Maps – What a concept!
- Register: https://teachertrainingconceptmaps.questionpro.com
- 4.15.21 (Th) Lunch & Learn
- 4.30.21(F) GTA Certification Ceremony
- 9 a.m. Location TBD