The Fall 2024 Wizipan Program Application
Please read these requirement for admissions and applications before filling out the application form. Please also note that you cannot save the form prior to completing it. Make sure that you have all your personal information at hand and have enough time to complete the written statement before you submit the form.
Final applications must be received by Jul. 1, 2024. Admission will be offered on a rolling basis as prospective student interviews are completed.
Admission requirements for the Fall Wizipan Program, a partnership between The Indian University of North America® of Crazy Horse Memorial® and South Dakota State University, are as follows:
- Preference is extended to enrolled members of federally recognized tribes; however, the university is open to all qualified students.
- Students should ideally be enrolled or have intention to enroll in a degree granting university, college, technical school or other higher educational institution.
- Students who are currently enrolled or have previously enrolled in a degree granting institution must be in good standing.
- Students should have undergraduate status as a second semester freshman through senior.
- Completion of the application is required.
- Selected applicants will be chosen to complete a remote interview with the admissions committee prior to acceptance.
- All applicants must complete the admission application and provide accompanying materials postmarked or electronically submitted by Jul. 1, 2024. Applicants chosen for admission must submit most recent college transcript.
If Accepted to the Program
The following items are not required immediately, but if accepted, will be required prior to the start of the program.
- Official college transcript. Official means the transcript must be sent directly from the college to South Dakota State University. The student may hand deliver these documents if the envelope is sealed.
- Proof of tribal membership, if applicable.
- Proof of Immunizations as required by the South Dakota Board of Regents.
- Proof of medical insurance and copies of insurance card and ID#.
- Submission of complete Emergency Contact Information.
- Medical prescriptions to assure adequate medication over the 15 week program.
- Signed commitment agreeing to terms of Student Handbook.
- Tracking Authorization (FERPA) signed form.
- Signed Computer Use Policy Statement.
A complete application package includes the following:
- Completed application form. Applications can also be found at Crazy Horse Memorial Wizipan.
- Electronic submission will be recognized as your signature.
- Proof of membership in a federally recognized tribe for preference consideration, if applicable.
- College transcript and current course schedule. Official college transcripts verifying successful completion of past semesters are required to be submitted.
- One letter of recommendation. Letters should be written by those familiar with your college work and/or performance at your workplace.
- The reference letter and an unofficial current course listing and the completed course summary may be emailed directly to Indian University email.
- Students will be contacted if they are chosen for a remote interview.