SDSU Admissions Ambassador Selection
Admissions Ambassadors are selected through a competitive application and selection process held each spring. Admissions Ambassador positions are offered to current SDSU students who will have completed at least one year as a full-time college student at SDSU when they start their position in August of the academic year.
Job Description & Requirements
South Dakota State University Ambassadors are hired to represent and promote SDSU to prospective students and their families, as well as the general public. Admissions Ambassadors are critical to the successful recruitment of students to SDSU. Ambassadors are often times the first and possibly the only student that a prospective student and their family may come in contact with during the college search process. The public will form lasting impressions about SDSU based on the information Ambassadors provide.
- Contract dates are August 2020 to August 2021.
- Ambassadors are required to attend a fall training retreat August 17-23, 2020.
- Ambassadors are required to attend training sessions throughout the school year held Mondays from 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Ambassadors will be scheduled to conduct at least one campus tour per week based on availability in your schedule.
- Ambassadors are required to help during Welcome Week activities including, but not limited to, Move-In, Convocation, and ThumpStart.
- Ambassadors are required to attend Senior Day, Junior Day and Yellow & Blue Discovery Day visitation programs.
- Ambassadors are required to assist at Jackrabbit Preview programs on most Fridays throughout the school year as class schedule allows.
- Ambassadors are required to attend a minimum of two weekend programs during the spring semester.
- Ambassadors are required to assist with assigned Quality Contact calling nights.
- Ambassadors may periodically be assigned to additional duties.