Prior to Submitting a Request
- Please review the SDSU Unmanned Aircraft Policy 8.10.
- FAA Regulations Part 107 (These are the regulations to which our standard UAS operations must adhere.)
- When submitting your request, please be sure to give ample time for review and questions.
- A minimum of 14 days is required.
- Proof of Operator Training (D.O.T./F.A.A. Remote Pilot Certificate - front and back)
- Proof of Observer Training
- Emergency Response Plan and Accident Response Plan
- Proof of Insurance
- UAS Platform (Fixed Wing, Rotary, etc.)
- Manufacturer and model number
- Gross Weight
- Maximum Operational Range
Know Before You Fly is an education campaign founded by the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) and the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) in partnership with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to educate prospective users about the safe and responsible operation of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).