- Target start date and parties responsible are listed in italics after each objective.
Goal 3: Strengthen partnership outreach and research infrastructure with tribal communities in South Dakota through trusting relationships, strategic networks and ongoing effective communication.
- Establish a President’s Advisory Board consisting of tribal presidents/chairmen or designee from each of the nine Tribal Nations in South Dakota to advise SDSU on current issues/needs.
Fall 2018: President and Wokini Program Director
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders in tribal communities to build collaborative working relationships focused on the achievement of mutual goals.
Summer 2018: President and Wokini Program Director
- Develop and maintain memorandum of understandings and articulation agreements with TCUs.
FY 2018: Office of Academic Affairs
- Create online accessible database with a complete inventory of SDSU Extension and research programs including AIs and tribal communities.
FY 2018-19: Director of Institutional Research, Director of Extension and Wokini Program Director
- Develop a long-term research/development strategy with interested TCUs.
FY 2018-19: VP of Research and Economic Development, Director of Extension and Wokini Program Director
- Establish research-area specific cohorts that include both SDSU and TCU/tribal community members to establish effective lines of communication and collaboration.
FY 2021-22, VP of Research and Economic Development, Director of Extension and Wokini Program Director
- Develop and implement an annual tribal/TCU research partners’ communication plan to include communications from both SDSU and tribal researchers and other key stakeholders. Utilize a variety of methods including meetings, summit, phone conference, Skype and social media.
FY 2021-22: VP of Research and Economic Development, Director of Extension and Wokini Program Director