Leap into Academic Engagement
Before you decide to Jump into State, you need some important information like timing and cost.
- May and June: Sign up for an attend a New Student Orientation (NSO) session and let your advisor know that you want to register for Summer Bridge classes and they will help you work through the process.
- Sunday, July 25, 2021:Move-in Day for Jump into State Students. Get acclimated to campus and attend a few fun welcome sessions.
- Monday, July 26, 2021: Orientation Day for Jump into State Students. Sign up for Summer Bridge classes if you have not already attended a NSO session.
- Tuesday, July 27, 2021: First Day of Jump into State Classes. Courses are offered in Individual Financial Literacy, Reading, Sociology, and Mastering Lifetime Learning Skills.
- Thursday, August 19, 2021: Last Day of Jump into State Classes. Other incoming freshmen are scheduled to begin arriving on campus Friday, August 20, 2021.
The estimated cost of Jump into State is between $2,500 and $3,000 depending on residency and number of credits taken. The SD Board of Regents will meet in May 2021 to review tuition and fees assessments for the upcoming fiscal year which begins July 1, 2021. So, please check the Summer Bridge Costs page spring 2021 for more detailed information.