Welcome to the Student Health Clinic located in the Wellness Center at South Dakota State University. We specialize in college health. We offer high quality primary care services. We understand today's college students and are committed to assisting with your healthcare needs. If you wish to make an appointment please call 605-688-4157.
The mission of South Dakota State University Student Health Clinic and Counseling Services is to promote the health and wellness of the university community, to enhance student retention, and to support the academic and personal success of all students.
Student Health Clinic and Counseling Services will be recognized as an essential and accessible student-centered facility. We aspire to provide expanded services and opportunities within the university community.
To be prepared for your visit to the Student Health Clinic you should:
- Bring your insurance cards.
- Know all medications & doses you are currently taking.
- Know your medication allergies and sensitivities.
- Acute and Chronic Illness Management
- Injury Treatment
- Routine Physical Exams including School and Sport/Athletic Exams
- Allergy Injections
- International Travel Health Preparation and Immunizations
- STI Testing (Including HIV)
- Pregnancy Testing & Contraception
- Men's and Women's Health Exams
- MMR, Hepatitis A and B, Tetanus or T-Dap, Meningitis, and HPV
- TB skin testing
- Rabies pre-exposure (available with provider approval)
- Influenza flu shot
- Dietary lifestyle changes
- College weight gain
- Specialized plans for specific health conditions
- Disordered eating
Student Flu Shots
The Student Health Clinic also offers flu shots. Please make an appointment with the Student Health Clinic for your flu shot.
The Student Health Clinic will file any charges incurred with your health plan. You will be required to provide a current copy of your insurance card at the time of your visit. You will be responsible for all co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance. Any charges that are not covered by insurance will also be your responsibility to pay.
For questions about billing at the Student Health Clinic please see our insurance page.
211 Service Available
The 211 calling system is a helpline for health and wellness related topics. Individuals can dial 211 from any land line or cell phone for information on resources available from non-profit, social service, and government agencies within the community.
211 operates 24-hours a day, seven days a week, and is a free service. It is a project Brookings Area United Way and the Helpline Center in Sioux Falls have been collaborating on. More information on the 211 program and resources available can be found through the online database.