Montgomery GI Bill®
Chapter 30 provides education benefits to Veterans and Service Members who have at least two years of active duty.
Montgomery GI Bill Pay Rates
- You will receive a monthly living stipend which can be used at your own discretion for a full 30 days of school. The pay rates are listed on the table below.
- This amount will change and be pro-rated depending upon school holidays i.e. Spring break, Christmas break etc. The VA only pays for days that SDSU is in session.
- This money is paid out after the last day of the month and after you have done your monthly verification.
- The payment is direct deposited into the account that was established on your Vets.gov application.
- Any eligible kicker contracts will be in addition to this rate.
- You will not receive your payment if you do not do your monthly verification!
|Training Time||Monthly Rate|
|less than 1/2 time more than 1/4 time||$964.00**|
|1/4 time or less||$482.00**|
**The stipend increases every October 1.
Non-Resident Veterans can fill out a residency application online. This will allow for Non-Resident Veterans to get the in-state tuition rate. Below is the step-by-step instructional on how to apply for residency.
- Go to the Financial Aid website.
- Click on “Residency Requirements".
- Click on “Residency Application” found in the text on right.
- Fill out all Sections listed.
- Section “C” is the area where it tells you what documents you need with this application to submit it.
- Submission information is at the very bottom of application