Montgomery GI Bill® Selective Reserve (MGIB-SR)
Chapter 1606 provides education and training benefits to eligible members of the Selected Reserve.
Montgomery GI Bill® Selective Reserve Benefit Pay Rates
- You will receive a monthly living stipend which can be used at your own discretion for a full 30 days of school. The pay rates are listed on the table below.
- This amount will change and be pro-rated depending upon school holidays i.e. Spring break, Christmas break etc. The VA only pays for days that SDSU is in session.
- This money is paid out after the last day of the month and after you have done your monthly verification.
- The payment is direct deposited into the account that was established on your Vets.gov application.
- Any eligible kicker contracts will be in addition to this these rates.
- You will not receive your payment if you do not do your monthly verification!
**The stipend increases every October 1.
|Training Time||Monthly Rate|
|Less than 1/2 time||$93.75|