The Mission of Van D. and Barbara B. Fishback Honors College at South Dakota State University is to provide talented, motivated students with a personalized, engaging, distinctive academic and enrichment experience that will position them for success as lifelong learners and leaders.
We will provide the rigor, opportunity, and community necessary to equip our graduates with the skills and ethic to go into the world reaching under-served audiences, elevating those around them, and using their gifts in service of others.
We serve as an engine of opportunity to elevate, enrich, and enliven the student experience at South Dakota State University.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Effectively communicate ideas and beliefs with clarity, civility, and respect.
- Analyze and integrate multiple sources of information and demonstrate applications of critical thinking.
- Articulate personal values, beliefs, and self-identity.
- Articulate the value of diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Demonstrate professionalism in a variety of contexts.