Skip to main content

Upward Bound Application

To apply:

  • Contact the Upward Bound Staff for an application OR pick up an application from your high school counselor.
  • Complete the application and attach the requested materials
      • Recommendation sheet (one from a teacher or one from your high school counselor)
      • Recent transcript
      • Dakota Step test results or other standardized test scores from eighth grade
      • Proof of family income (such as income tax forms, pay stubs, or a social security statement)
  • Applications can be:
    • e-mailed to
    • mailed to the TRIO Upward Bound office

                                                            Upward Bound

                                                            Larson Commons 104 Box 2806

                                                            Brookings, SD 57007

  • Turned into your high school Upward Bound representative
  • faxed to 605-688-6616

Once this information is received, you will be contacted via mail with further information.