If a vehicle has been towed, immobilized and/or impounded, the vehicle owner must pay all unpaid citations in full at the Transportation Services office (by phone or in-person) before the vehicle can be reclaimed from impound. All vehicle towing at SDSU is contracted through a private vendor. It is the responsibility of the vehicle owner to contact the towing company for payment. Any scooters or mopeds impounded by the Transportation Services office will need to be claimed at the office with all outstanding citation fees paid prior to release of the moped or scooter. Further, there will be an additional $50 charged for an impound fee which too will have to be paid prior to release of the scooter or moped.
Vehicles are subject to towing/immobilization/impounded for the following reasons:
- If a vehicle has accumulated three or more unpaid citations.
- If a vehicle is parked in a non-resident lot between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m.
- Parked in a non-designated parking area. (18.104.22.168)
- Parked within 15 feet of a fire hydrant or in fire lane. (22.214.171.124)
- Parked in a loading zone. (126.96.36.199)
- Double parked prohibiting a vehicle from exiting. (188.8.131.52)
- Obstruction of traffic impending two-way traffic. (184.108.40.206)
- Parked on/in any emergency snow route or lot. (220.127.116.11)
- Parked in a stall/lot over the time allowed. (4.4.7)
- Parked in or obstructing posted handicap stall. (18.104.22.168)