Tips for Avoiding a Parking Citation
Park in the Appropriate Lot
- Parking permits are only valid for specific parking lots. You may only park in lots associated with your permit. Every lot has a sign signaling what type of permit is allowed to park in the lot.
- Before parking your vehicle, please take time to check for any signage about parking. Signs are usually located at the entrance of the lot.
No Parking Areas
- Don't park in any areas where "No Parking" signs are posted or where there is yellow paint.
- These areas are available for you to load, unload or to quickly enter a building. Please do not abuse these stalls.
Park Between the Lines
- If your vehicle is on or over the parking stall lines, we recommend you re-park your vehicle between the lines.
- If there is not an available parking stall in a lot, do not park your vehicle at the end of the parking line. There should be other available stalls in other parking lots.
- Do not park within 15 feet of a fire hydrant or in a fire lane since it is a safety hazard.
Ensure You Park Legally
- Always make sure your vehicle is properly parked within a stall and that you obey the parking regulations. If you have parked illegally and did not receive a citation, does not mean you won't in the future.