If you decide against getting a parking permit (or don't yet have one), you have some options.
- Walk: SDSU has a beautiful campus.
- Ride your bike: Campus has bike racks located outside the entrances to most of the buildings on campus.
- Union Pay Lot: East of the Union is a centrally-located pay lot. Click here for rates.
- Brookings Streets: City streets near campus allow street-side parking. Brookings city ordinances apply when parking on the streets off-campus.
City Ordinances on Street Parking
The city does not allow parking in all locations near campus. Parking is not allowed:
- In a front yard
- Within 5 feet of a driveway
- Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant
- Within 20 feet of a crosswalk at an intersection
- Within 30 feet of a stop sign, signal, or a yield sign
- On any non-surfaced boulevard
- In the same space upon a street for more than 72 continuous hours
- On the street during a snow alert
If not paid within 72 hours, fines will increase. Contact Brooking Police with any ordinance questions at 605-692-2113