Winter Break Parking Enforcement
Please be aware that SDSU Transportation Services enforces parking policy year-round. When the campus is closed (paid-leave holidays, weather closures, etc.), patrollers are not out. Note that UPD enforces policy not explicitly assigned to the 7AM - 4PM patrol window (signed stalls, lane obstruction, out-of-bounds, etc.) at all times.
Please contact Transportation Services with any questions.
Scooters and Mopeds
Moped/Scooter/Motorcycle parking* is now closed from November 15th to March 1st.
During the winter months, scooters/mopeds/motorcycles are not allowed on campus. Any of these vehicles found parked on campus will be given a citation and/or towed/impounded at the owner’s expense.
*Signed motorcycle stalls are closed to all non-moped/scooter/motorcycle commuter vehicles. No parking at any time.
Winter Weather Parking
With winter weather here, Transportation Services would like to remind individuals about SDSU’s parking policy regarding snow removal. Failure to follow these regulations will result in a fine and/or your vehicle being towed at owners' expense.
- All designated Commuter, Economy, and Reserved lots must be vacated from 2-5 a.m. for snow removal purposes.
- Student Resident lots including South East (SE), Economy Resident (ER), North West (NW), and South East Apartments/Townhomes (SEA and SET) are not required to vacate for snow removal. However, please practice sound judgment in determining if drive lanes are clear and passable before proceeding to enter or exit the above-mentioned locations.
- Staff and commuting students required to be on campus overnight that have been issued an after-hours permit must park in the Lot 166 (West Dykhouse Stadium).
- In the event that you arrive on campus and your normal parking lot has not been cleared, please proceed to Lot 166 (West Dykhouse Stadium) for parking.
- If you have mechanical problems with your vehicle and it requires to be parked overnight, please notify the University Police Department at 688-5117.
Your compliance with this policy will greatly aid in the efforts to clear snow and return our campus to normal operations.
Need Access to Campus Interior? No Problem!
If you don't have a permit or don't have the right permit for parking in the campus interior, we would like to remind you that Lot 150 is an excellent option for getting close. Rates are convenient at $1.50/hr up to $12/day and if you're light on your feet, the first 30 minutes are free!
So avoid longer walks and citations by taking advantage of the Pay Lot, located on the east side of the Student Union!
Multiple Vehicles on Single Permit
Employee and student online parking accounts allow registration of up to four vehicles, but ONLY ONE vehicle per permit is allowed on campus at a time. Multiple vehicles found parked on campus at one time utilizing one permit will result in fines.