- Miller Wellness Center
The SDSU Wellness Center has two certified tobacco treatment specialists on staff to support you during your journey to becoming tobacco-free.
- Face to face counseling.
- FREE of charge for up to 3 counseling sessions ($25 per session after 3).
- Personalized care and individualized treatment plans.
- Nicotine replacement therapy medication management.
- Ongoing support for relapse prevention.
- State of South Dakota QuitLine
The SD QuitLine offers FREE tools and services to help you reach your tobacco-free goal. They offer two ways for you to start quitting:
You call them.
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 11 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CST)
- Free personal live quit coach
- FREE cessation medication
- Enrollment takes approximately 10-15 minutes
They call you.
Go to www.sdquitline.com/enroll.
- Tell them the best time for them to call you.
- A QuitLine coach will contact you.
- SD Employee Assistance Program
(Company code: SOUTHDAKOTA)
The SD EAP offers online seminars, skill builders and wellness webinars on a variety of different topics
including tobacco dependence and cessation.
For tobacco specific related information click on: Balancing - Addiction & Recovery - Nicotine & Tobacco.
If you have more questions or need further support/resources, please use the cessation support services provided at the SDSU Wellness Center or the SD QuitLine.
OTHER ONLINE RESOURCES
SmokeFreeTXT offers support, tips, tools and expert advice to help you quit using tobacco. They offer
specialized programs specifically for veterans, women, teens and older individuals (60+).
SmokeFreeTXT: free text messaging 24/7.
- Targeted for adults who want to quit smoking.
- The program lasts 6-8 weeks, depending on your quit date.
- You will receive 3-5 messages per day.
- The text messages provide tips, advice and encouragement to help you overcome challenges and stay motivated.
- Use the keywords for extra help at any time.
- Text CRAVE, MOOD, or SLIP to 47848.
- Quit for Life Program
The Quit for Life Program provides an easy-to-follow quitting plan that will show you how to get ready, take action and live the rest of your life as non-tobacco user.
Quitting plan includes:
- Quit guide
- Quitting aids-nicotine replacement therapy
- Quit coach