South Dakota State University values the knowledge you have gained outside of our classrooms. If you have studied a subject independently or successfully completed college-level coursework for which an acceptable transcript is not available, you may still be able to gain academic credit for this learning and knowledge gained through several options SDSU has in place. To get started explore the options listed below to determine what may be a good fit for you.
To have Prior Learning Credit placed upon a transcript, you must be or have once been a degree seeking student at a South Dakota Board of Regents institution.
Not sure if Credit for Prior Learning is right for you? Consider the following questions:
- Have you participated in formal or informal work training?
- Have you participated in continuing education programs?
- Have studied a subject area or areas independently?
- Have you obtained professional certifications?
- What other learning experiences have you participated in?