Skip to main content

South Dakota State University

Close Search

Advanced Placement

The Advanced Placement (AP) Examination is given at the high school level.  Usually a student completes an AP course in high school then takes the AP test at the end of the course.  Students receiving an AP examination score that meets the Board of Regents guidelines may apply for credit to be transcripted.

All South Dakota state institutions are required to accept the same examinations and scores set by the South Dakota Board of Regents.  The South Dakota public university system will only accept Advanced Placement scores recorded by an institution with five years from the time the student took the exam. 

A student's AP score reports are sent to SDSU when the student places SDSU's school code (6653) on their test registration application.  Once the AP score report is received, the student is notified of the allowable credit based on the AP test and the SD BOR score guidelines.

To have the credits placed on a transcript, the student must complete an Application for Placement Credit form in the TC office.  There is no transcripting fee for this service.