As part of the University’s efforts to mitigate the effects of COVID-19, the Testing Center at South Dakota State University will not be administering face-to-face exams until the University opens for on-campus events after May 15th.
If you are scheduled to take an exam with one of our testing partners (Pearson, Praxis or Scantron) they will be sending you information on how to reschedule your exam at no cost to you. Watch your email for this information.
If you are registered for a CLEP exam, your registration charge will be refunded or you can wait and reschedule your exam at no additional cost when additional CLEP exams are added to RegisterBlast once we re-open. For information about your CLEP ticket go here CLEP COVID-19 Information.
If you need to purchase credits before the end of the semester, we are working on a solution for this. Check back here regularly for more information.
Testing Center staff are working remotely and can be reached at email@example.com
Stay home! Stay healthy! Stay Great SDSTATE!
The Testing Center
- Directions to the Testing Center from Medary Avenue
The Testing Center is located between the Intramural Building (Barn) and Berg Ag Hall. There is no direct road to the Testing Center. Route to the Testing Center beginning October 7, 2019: from Medary Avenue, turn to the east and continue on North Campus Drive. Next, turn south into Lot 165 and continue south until you come to Jackrabbit Lane. Turn right and drive back to the west on Jackrabbit Lane until you enter Lot 110. Turn left and drive south to exit Lot 110 where you will see the Testing Center building at the end of the drive. Lot 111 that is adjacent to the Testing Center building. Here is a map of the route: Testing Center Directions 10/7/19
- Testing Center Parking
SDSU students must park in their assigned parking lot. The five reserved Testing Center spots are for non-SDSU testing candidates and do not require a parking pass. All other parking spots in Lot 111 require a visitor's pass. If you are not an SDSU student, testing candidates are encouraged to park in Lot 111 adjacent to the Testing Center. Email the Testing Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain a guest parking pass for the day of your exam. If you do not have a parking pass you risk being ticketed and fined.
Our mission is to assist you in reaching your academic and professional goals by providing you with a secure, friendly and comfortable place to take your exams. The Testing Center has several workstations in private, semi-private and small group settings that are quiet and distraction free.
How can we help you reach your goals?
- Testing Center staff proctor tests; both online and paper. Register for a proctored or accommodated exam.
- Testing Center staff administer the ACCUPLACER so that your are placed in the correct English, math and reading courses. Register for a placement exam.
- Testing Center staff assist you in placing prior learning credit (AP, CLEP, IB, DSST, institutional exams, portfolio assessments, etc.) on your SDSU transcript. Register for a CLEP exam.
- Testing Center staff are certified as Pearson VUE Select, Praxis, Castle/Scantron and PROV exam administrators.
- You can also register for exams on MyState under the Student Life tab at the bottom of the page. If you frequently register for exams you may want to add the Testing Center portlet to your favorites (Options>Add to my favorites).