Welcome to the SDSTATE-TC Jacks!
Because the Testing Center's reception area does not allow for social distancing, if you have questions about testing or prior learning credit, you are encouraged to email the Testing Center rather than visit the SDSTATE-TC.
The Testing Center at SDSU does not test for COVID-19. You can finding COVID-19 Testing information here.
|SDSTATE-TC Services that can be registered for on Register Blast||Exams administered by SDSTATE-TC, but registration is with our Test Partners|
The Testing Center has reduced seating due to COVID-19 physical distancing. We are administering exams on campus in the Testing Center where face coverings are optional. We are also administering some exams using Zoom. If you have traveled internationally in the past 14 days, please use a Zoom proctor. If you are feeling ill or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please reschedule your exam or use a Zoom proctor while you self-isolate. If you are required to quarantine, you may not test at the Testing Center on campus; you can test with a Zoom proctor. If you need assistance rescheduling your exam with your instructor or if you need to change to a Zoom proctor, call the Testing Center at 688-6460.
- Paying for Prior Learning Credit - SDSU students (not High School Dual Credit) may pay for Prior Learning Credits (CLEP, IB, Modern Language Buy Down, CST(SPCM), Modern Language LTI, Project Lead the Way, and IB) by clicking on the following button. (If you get an error message click Ctrl with F5 to clear the cache in your browser. Google Chrome browser works best.) If you are questioning what courses you have on your transcript, check your Degree Works portlet found on the MyState Dashboard (MyState>Dashboard>DegreeWorks. In the upper right hand corner click on the 3 dots to the right of the email icon and choose Class History).
Pay For Prior Learning Credits
- Placement Exams - Welcome Pre-registration JACKS! The SDSTATE-TC can assist you with placement exams. If your college advisor told you what exam you are required to take, you can register by clicking the blue button below. If no one has advised you, please check with your advisor, attend a New Student Orientation advising session, visit with the High School Dual Credit coordinator or send us an email if you are unsure what exams you need before registering for an exam. Currently, you can take placement exams in the SDSTATE-TC, online via Zoom, online with Examity (a proctoring service that charges $25) or at another certified ACCUPLACER testing site. For more information about placement exams, check out the placement webpages in our index on the right hand side of this page. Students that need to take a math course should visit the math placement webpage as placement guidelines have changed in response to COVID-19.
Register for Exams
- CLEP - The Testing Center will be administering a reduced number of CLEP exams. If you have an outstanding CLEP registration on Register Blast, go ahead and move your appointment. If you have questions about how to do this call the Testing Center at 605-688-6460. You still need a CLEP ticket from College Board to take the CLEP exam. Click on CLEP for directions about how to register for CLEP. For information about your CLEP ticket if you had to delay testing due to COVID-19 visit CLEP COVID-19 Information.
- ACT - Due to SDSU's current COVID-19 safety level, SDSU is able to offer a reduced number of ACT seats. More information about the ACT can be found here.
Check back here regularly for more information.
The Testing Center
- Directions to the Testing Center from Medary Avenue
- Parking While Testing at SDSTATE-TC
SDSU students must park in their assigned parking lot. The five reserved Testing Center spots are for non-SDSU testing candidates and do not require a parking pass. All other parking spots in Lot 111 require a visitor's pass. If you are not an SDSU student, testing candidates are encouraged to park in Lot 111 adjacent to the Testing Center. If you do not have a parking pass for Lot 111 and are not able to park in one of the designated Testing Center spots you risk being ticketed and fined. Ask the Testing Center staff for a parking pass if no Testing Center parking spots are available.
You can also register for exams on MyState under the Student Life tab at the bottom of the page. If you frequently register for exams you may want to add the Testing Center portlet to your favorites (Options>Add to my favorites).