Welcome Back Jacks!!
Because the Testing Center's reception area does not allow for social distancing, if you have questions about testing or prior learning credit, you are encouraged to email the Testing Center rather than visit the SDSTATE-TC.
The Testing Center at SDSU does not test for COVID-19. You can finding COVID-19 Testing information here.
The Testing Center has reduced seating due to COVID-19 physical distancing. We are administering exams on campus in the Testing Center where face coverings are required at all times. We are also administering some exams using Zoom. If you have traveled internationally in the past 14 days, please use a Zoom proctor. If you are feeling ill or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please reschedule your exam or use a Zoom proctor while you self-isolate. If you are required to quarantine, you may not test at the Testing Center on campus; you can test with a Zoom proctor. If you need assistance rescheduling your exam with your instructor or if you need to change to a Zoom proctor, call the Testing Center at 688-6460 . Register for these exams below on Register Blast.
By appearing to test on-site for testing, you certify that:
- You have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 or been in close personal contact with someone who has a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis.
- You have had no flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days, such as fever or chills and a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath.
- You have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days or been in close personal contact with someone who has traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
- If you meet the above requirements and enter the test center, please follow the guidelines below and be aware of the practices in place to protect yourself and other candidates.
When you arrive at the Testing Center, text the Testing Center staff to check-in 605-690-6640. The door to the Testing Center is locked, you will be let into the Testing Center when it is your turn to test.
Requirements and guidelines:
- Wash your hands in the restroom upon arrival at the test center.
- Use hand sanitizer upon guidance from test center staff before admissions process and before entering the testing room.
- Use the tissue provided to cover your nose and mouth in case of sneezing or cough.
- The face covering will be inspected prior to entering the test room.
- Our test center staff is following strict cleaning regimens after each admission and exam session.
With the above measures, we can work together to ensure a clean and hygienic testing environment. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Check your email to make sure your appointment has not been canceled. Also, check the following websites for the most recent COVID-19 announcements.
- Pearson VUE COVID-19 Information: https://home.pearsonvue.com/coronavirus-update.aspx
- Scantorn COVID-19 Information: https://www.scantron.com/site-closures-delays/
- Praxis COVID-19 Information: https://www.ets.org/s/cv/praxis/the-americas/
- Paying for Prior Learning Credit - SDSU students (not High School Dual Credit) may pay for Prior Learning Credits (CLEP, IB, Modern Language Buy Down, CST(SPCM), Modern Language LTI, Project Lead the Way, and IB) by clicking on the following button. (If you get an error message click Ctrl with F5 to clear the cache in your browser. Google Chrome browser works best.)
Pay For Prior Learning Credits
- Placement Exams - We can proctor your ACCUPLACER placement exam via Zoom. Before registering for an exam, make sure you need to take one by visiting with your academic advisor or attending a New Student Orientation session. Students that need to take a math course should visit the math placement webpage as placement guidelines have changed in response to COVID-19. Register on RegisterBlast for placement exams.
Register for Exams
- CLEP - The Testing Center will be administering a reduced number of CLEP exams. If you have an outstanding CLEP registration on Register Blast, go ahead and move your appointment. If you have questions about how to do this call the Testing Center at 605-688-6460. You still need a CLEP ticket from College Board to take the CLEP exam. Click on CLEP for directions about how to register for CLEP. For information about your CLEP ticket if you had to delay testing due to COVID-19 visit CLEP COVID-19 Information.
- ACT - Due to SDSU's current COVID-19 safety level, SDSU plans to next offer the ACT in December during winter break. More information about the ACT can be found here.
Check back here regularly for more information.
The Testing Center
- Directions to the Testing Center from Medary Avenue
The Testing Center is located between the Intramural Building (Barn) and Berg Ag Hall. There is no direct road to the Testing Center. Route to the Testing Center ending August 3, 2020: from Medary Avenue, turn to the east and continue on North Campus Drive. Next, turn south into Lot 165 and continue south until you come to Jackrabbit Lane. Turn right and drive back to the west on Jackrabbit Lane until you enter Lot 110. Turn left and drive south to exit Lot 110 where you will see the Testing Center building at the end of the drive. Lot 111 that is adjacent to the Testing Center building. Here is a map of the route: Testing Center Directions 10/7/19
On August 4th the following route will be open for
- Testing Center Parking
SDSU students must park in their assigned parking lot. The five reserved Testing Center spots are for non-SDSU testing candidates and do not require a parking pass. All other parking spots in Lot 111 require a visitor's pass. If you are not an SDSU student, testing candidates are encouraged to park in Lot 111 adjacent to the Testing Center. If you do not have a parking pass for Lot 11 and are not able to park in one of the designated Testing Center spots you risk being ticketed and fined. Ask the Testing Center staff for a parking pass if not Testing Center spots are available.
The mission of the South Dakota State University Testing Center (SDSTATE-TC) is to assist individuals reach their academic and professional goals by providing a secure, friendly, and comfortable environment where exams are administered, proctored, and scored with integrity. The SDSTATE-TC adheres to the standards set forth by the National Collegiate Test Association Professional Standards and Guidelines.
How can we help you reach your goals?
- Testing Center staff proctor tests; both online and paper. Register for a proctored or accommodated exam.
- Testing Center staff administer the ACCUPLACER so that your are placed in the correct English, math and reading courses. Register for a placement exam.
- Testing Center staff assist you in placing prior learning credit (AP, CLEP, IB, DSST, institutional exams, portfolio assessments, etc.) on your SDSU transcript. Register for a CLEP exam.
- Testing Center staff are certified as Pearson VUE Select, Praxis, Castle/Scantron and PROV exam administrators.
- You can also register for exams on MyState under the Student Life tab at the bottom of the page. If you frequently register for exams you may want to add the Testing Center portlet to your favorites (Options>Add to my favorites).