Impact on P-12 Learning and Development
Indicators of Teaching Effectiveness
Satisfaction of Employees
Satisfaction of Completers
- Educational Leadership Completer Feedback
*Not all graduates responded to the questions. The numbers in parentheses refer to comments made by more than one graduate.
- "It allowed me to continue an in-depth study of educational leadership theory while exploring my own educational convictions and growth advancement."
- "Background knowledge and theoretical underpinnings."
- "Cohort of peers to exchange ideas." (2)
- "Continued support after the program ended."
- "I have a better understanding of my clients who come into my business."
- "It inundated me with theories and practices of leadership techniques that enabled me to be better prepared for working with staff, community and peers."
- "Working with curriculum and instruction, diversity in the classroom, administering programs and working with administrators." (3)
- "I took a position in Colorado and did very well. I believe the professors at SDSU prepared me for almost any difficult situation. They were all knowing as they brought much to the table in experience. I would like some day to return to SDSU as a professor of education. I would like to share my experiences as an administrator with young educators."
- "As a classroom teacher, I use a great deal of the knowledge I have attained. I have not made the decision to leave my classroom yet, but feel I am prepared when the day arrives."
- "I feel prepared in terms of the “big picture,” communication skills, creating a positive school culture, implementing curriculum, and leadership skills."
- "I feel that I am best prepared to handle school law and to handle my philosophy of education. SDSU helped shape me into a more global thinker when it comes to student learning and mastery of content."
- "Wonderful collegiality with professors and peers."
- "Good texts chosen."
- "Internet classes valuable."
- "School Law and the role of the principal were both covered well." (2)
- "One of the biggest benefits was learning about leadership styles and situational leadership. It has helped me in working with my coaches and also helped me assist my coaches as they work with their student athletes."
- "Group dynamics."
- "Gave me an awareness of my own leadership style."
- "Gave me a wide variety of curriculum experiences that have been helpful since I have been in this position."
- "The past experiences of professors as school administrators were invaluable in discussions." (2)
- "My supervising professor and supervisor for my internship equipped me with the knowledge and confidence I needed."
- "I feel that I am well prepared in a variety of areas, including current practices/research, curriculum, supervision and communication."
- "Leadership skills and theories."
- "Communication skills. Response to change/handling conflict."
Graduation Rates (initial and advance levels)
The 2016-2017 data for South Dakota State University can be found on the Federal Title II public report website.